Voice of Energy
Energy Development Council (EDC) is the only national level body that holistically represents the interest of the entire energy sector of Nepal. The EDC umbrella consists of Energy Developers, Energy Associatons, Energy Consumers, Energy Financiers and other funds, Consumer Institutions, Energy Contractors from both private and government sectors involved in hydropower, solar, wind and other renewables, generating more than 80% of the nation’s total electricity.
Our members combined total investment portfolio is more than US $ 10 billion. EDC is also the exclusive voice of energy issues for Nepal Chamber of Commerce.
- Represent the integrated energy sector of Nepal.
- A think tank providing policy advice to the key stakeholders in the energy sector.
- A platform where regional, national and international interactions can take place regarding the issues and developments in the energy sector.
- Facilitate investment into the Energy Sector via targeted initiatives and activities.
- Advocate for energy-sector friendly regulations.
- Create domestic and external linkages with key stakeholders in the energy sector.
- Consolidate and update energy information to create a state of the art information warehouse.
- Operate on a “project” oriented platform.